Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Sandwich of All Sandwiches


Recently I was introduced to my new favorite restaurant. A friend took me to a Mary's Market - to which I had never been to before and while there I tasted one of the most heavenly sandwiches I have even encountered...
It was bliss. It was true culinary excellence. It was love. It was the Artichoke and Pesto Grilled Cheese.
I walked away with such a feeling of satisfaction and fulfillment, that I knew I would need this fix again.
So, I went to the market and scooped up all the ingredients in the attempt to recreate such a treasure. And whadda know - I did!! And now, thank you to me, you can too.
Shopping List
1 Loaf Pane Bread - or similar "crusty" type bread
1 Jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts
1 Jar Tastefully Simple Pesto
1 Jar Parmesan Cheese
1 Jar Olive Oil (EV if you can!!)
1 Brick Mozzarella Cheese
1 Small Container Feta Cheese
First make your Pesto - Add 2T Olive Oil to 2T water and stir in 2T Pesto mix. Microwave on High 1 minute and let stand five minutes then add Parmesan Cheese.
Slice Mozzarella into two small slices.
Slice bread and coat both sides with EVOO. Top one side of each slice with Pesto mix. Layer on Mozzarella slices, Artichoke Hearts and Feta. Top Layers with other slice of bread and grill on Panini grill or Goerge Foreman for about 5 minutes.
Slice sandwich at an angle and enjoy the flavor sensation you are about to experience!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

yum! that sounds and looks delicious :) i've never had anything i don't like at mary's market!

Rachel said...

Mmmm, that sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe so we can gain unnecessary pounds, lol!