Thursday, June 26, 2008

Night on the Town


Well, last night I babysat for a dear friend so that she would be able to spend a night on the town with her hubby to celebrate their 10 year anniversary. Needless to say, the mother of two, never even left town to celebrate! Being the responsible mother she is, they went for a lovely dinner at Applebees instead. (Although, I know for a fact that she would have much rather been dining at Olive Garden and hour away.) I should mention here though, the lucky woman is traveling to Alaska with her hubby in a few short days, sans children. I guess you can't get any better than that for an anniversary gift!
I would have to admit, I was a bit nervous about babysitting last night, only because my friend's son is one busy little guy and I was not sure how I was going to breastfeed a baby and keep an eye on him at the same time. Well it turns out, these were some really well behaved kids! Not only was I able to feed Aiden with ease, we went for a 1.25 mi. walk, enjoyed playing in the backyard, and had a rousing game of baby in the house! (Don't ask.) I am ready to adopt them.
OK- so this is not the fast paced, fun filled life I would expect to be writing about, but I felt I had to give these kids props.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you just call my kids well behaved?? How dare you! LOL!

stephanie said...

My first visit to your blog - and I find you VERY interesting! I love your music choices.. I think every mom who has a little boy falls in love with "Godspeed" - almost makes me cry every time I hear it.
~Stephanie