Sunday, December 28, 2008

Cookies, Cookies and More Cookies

Now we all know about my baking addictions...But this year, I may have finally gone over the edge....





I love to bake cookies for all my neighbors. I do this out of the pure joy it brings me to have them delight in the tasty goodness of fresh baked cookies, filled with love and caring - Ok, I do this because we have horses, and as many of you know, horses get out. Not often, granted, but every once in a while, we loose one or two, or three... So far it has only been twice that they have actually gotten off the farm, but when they do, they are running for the hills, boy. And it is nice to know that I have cushioned the neighbors with plenty of baked goods to make them think twice about hating me when my horses eat their Miscanthus grass, or trot up on their deck for their afternoon release (if you catch my drift)- The pony has been known to do that.



This year, I think I may have gotten a little carried away, however. Not only did I bake enough cookies to take sizable tins to all who live within a 10 mile radius of me, but I still have a whole freezer FULL of cookies, bars, pies, cakes and muffins. What was I thinking?! Maybe it was because Aiden is SO good about sitting on the counter and helping me bake, or that Sarah LOVES to sift flour, salt and baking soda, or maybe I have finally lost my mind...Hummm, I think that last one hits home.





The last batch of cookies, I did drag the whole darn family into - even Uncle Mike, who I am sure, thought that he could get out of helping and play video games instead. I am all about the Holiday torture!





2 comments:

Jessica said...

i think i'd like to be a kid in your house, w/ all the baked goodies! sounds like a fun way to spend the holiday break, to me!

Rachel said...

Wow, can I be your neighbor? I HATE baking cookies, but it sure is nice to get them, lol! Good for you!